don't postpone joy

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Here's the not so skinny...

How on God's green earth did I gain 10 pounds in the past 6 weeks?
Oh, like I don't know.
Virtually no exercise. Horrible eating habits. ok ok AND some poor food choices. (SOME poor food choices? that does sound better than I eat like shit everyday, doesn't it?) I had a few dates with this guy, he told me one of the reasons we really aren't compatible is because he eats healthy and I don't. I couldn't believe it. I haven't eaten fast food of any sort in months. I had an apple for breakfast and tuna and rice crackers for a moring minimeal. I eat almonds as a snack! I drink water and not soda. I get the mixed veggies instead of the baked potato! I eat fish regularly. I don't even have crap around the house(that, of course, is because I cannot be trusted with crap around the house. plain and simple-I don't say no) of course I felt wounded by this guy who wishes I would just let my guard down and trust him...when the truth is, really--I don't eat healthy, and he's not trustworthy anyway. You like how I threw that extra part on the end? He lied to me about his age(a ten year difference lie), which isn't really relevant here. all I'm doing is taking the light off my poor eating habits by making him the bad guy. I'm quite skilled at doing that by the way.
I'm also a whiz at quitting. If the going gets too tough, or I don't feel like doing the work, I just don't call or I don't do the work I said I'd do. Not much integrity there, is there? The impact that has on me is that I feel stressed out. Like I know I SHOULD be doing, finishing, calling--and I'm not. I feel insufficient. I quit lots of things, you know...relationships of all kinds, jobs, projects, tasks...gobs of stuff. I say I'll do it, and then I don't. I say I want it, but when it comes time to take it, I don't. I'm not proud of it, mind you; I've realized that this keeps me alone and often times extremely lonely. And while it "victimizes" me, it leaves others feeling like they don't matter, like I don't give a shit about them. Like they aren't important. The really slimy part is that I do all that, and cast people so far away, that I am shielded when the pieces fall as they may. I don't see how badly I make people feel. The majority of the time I don't get that I REALLY hurt people. That I am the one causing pain for others...and even if I realize it, they are so far gone, I don't see their pain. I couldn't bear it if I saw the pain I inflicted. Of course, you do know that I spend my life helping others...or appearing to. No coincidence, I guess, that I am trying to make up for it in any way that I can. It's just a circle. One that I choose. For your information, I just chose to drink a Coke (not the healthy water alternative)
In my life...even recently, I have tasted living in the moment. It's so liberating. It's what I call "the air up there"...it's in the zone. It's everywhere I've ever wanted to be. non-judgemental. open. free. Ultimately what happens, though, is that when I end the moment, I spend my time trying to get back there--instead of allowing myself to be in the possibility of "in the moment" all the time. I am afraid to be vulnerable for fear that something might happen to hurt me, and yet, it is in that vulnerability that opportunity and possiblity lay.

9 Comments:

At 30 November, 2005 06:22, Blogger daisyduke said...

Ray: There's never a day when I don't need one of those. What a way to start the day~
thanks!

 
At 30 November, 2005 06:56, Blogger tom said...

rather cathartic post. you are so interesting when you are all open and spewing like that.

seriously, "I felt wounded by this guy who wishes I would just let my guard down and trust him...when the truth is, really--I don't eat healthy, and he's not trustworthy anyway." don't waste time with him anymore then. He is not compatible because he eats healthy? What a gay thing to say. He lied about his age - 10 years? first, what man lies about his age? a vain man and you don't need that. is some health freak with self issues...casting out others who eat at mcdonald's and lying about his age? who needs him?

you post seems honest and beautiful.

good morning.

 
At 30 November, 2005 08:49, Blogger Beth said...

I agree with Feetman. If you already know this about him, what's the point? He's not going to get BETTER.

And I loved this post. Absolutely beautiful.

 
At 30 November, 2005 11:56, Blogger daisyduke said...

don't worry, you guys, I know. I was really just writing what I had been thinking about. I have not seen old healthfood guy. although recently he has contacted me, and now he is apologizing and wants to see if we can have something. For some reason I feel compelled to sugar coat it for him, even though, I learned all about liars this summer, and have no desire or intention of restarting something bad.

 
At 30 November, 2005 12:14, Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

Thanks for your comment on my post. When you're on a fixed income, as I am, choices are limited.

 
At 30 November, 2005 12:27, Blogger Jim Cooper said...

If my wife and I based our relationship on having to eat the same things (healthy or otherwise) we'd have split LONG ago....

{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

 
At 30 November, 2005 15:32, Blogger daisyduke said...

Oh, I think my one time living is everlasting...BUT to live anywhere other than in this moment would not be appropot, for certain...right you are, Austin...right you are.

 
At 01 December, 2005 09:51, Blogger Kurt said...

perhaps this coulda been titled Old Habits Die Hard.
At first I thought, "so many ideas in one post," but then realized the commonality of each. I so relate to this post; I am also one of those persons pretty much not willing to do the hard work to attain goals on my own. If someone lays out the plan and there are deadlines and consequences, I can be a terror. But if it's just up to me, I can lie to myself and say it wasn't something I wanted anyway (after my inaction creates failure). I think part of it is afraid of something different, part of it is not knowing how and part of it is just laziness.

 
At 03 December, 2005 11:58, Blogger Unknown said...

I think most of your fans can relate to this post my darlin daisy..i know I can. It must of been difficult to take such a hard look at yourself..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home